The Policy Advisory Committee has not yet been formed. The Terms of Reference (ToR) for a Policy Advisory Committee (PAC) were agreed in Q4 2008 and published on the Registrar Discussion Forum (RDF) in Q1 2009. The ToR provides that the PAC shall be a consultative and advisory body to IEDR and will deal with questions and issues relating to the operation of the .ie ccTLD (country code top level domain). Other terms include:-
- The PAC may convey advisory views or submissions on policy matters to IEDR. All advice given by the PAC will be objective and in the best interests of the Irish Internet community.
- The PAC shall be autonomous in regard to its agenda and to the subject matter of its policy advisory recommendations.
- IEDR may refer any policy issue to the PAC for its consideration. Recommendations of the PAC shall be of persuasive authority and IEDR shall have due regard to them.
- Otherwise than as provided by the Terms of Reference, the PAC may regulate its activities as it sees fit.
The Working group met and further to the discussion an initial draft proposal was sent on February 22nd 2011 to the PDP-WG mailing list.
Further to the comments and suggestions received, the proposal has been edited and refined to include feedback and suggestions made.
This new version is for discussion purposes and all comments, feedback and new suggestions are welcome. Click here to download the PDF.
A road map was established for this project:
- On Tuesday 5th April 2011, this document was distributed via the PDP-WG mailing list and published on the RDF forum for further discussion and to collect additional feedback and comments.
- On Wednesday 13th April 2011, a reminder/last call was sent to the PDP mailing list and on the RDF.
- On Monday 18th April 2011, this document will be published on the IEDR website for public comments.
- On Monday 9th May 2011, a reminder/last call will be sent to the PDP mailing list and on the RDF.
- Finally, on Monday 16th May 2011, if no objection is made to the proposed document, this proposal will be deemed to be approved and will constitute the .ie PDP. The Working Group will be disbanded with thanks to the Working Group members for their time, effort and hard work.