Members of the IIA can add information to the IIA website easily. This content is considered for inclusion in the IIA’s monthly Digital Digest (more information about deadlines below). It really helps if you get the style and format correct first time.
Using your username and password, log in to www.iia.ie (Click the turquoise blue box in the centre above. It will turn orange when you have successfully logged in). The primary user in each company must request additional logins by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you are logged in you will be taken to your company profile. If not click on "Member Network" on the left hand side of the navy navigation panel.
Here you will see a list on the left hand side.
Click on "Add Company News".
Remember to tag your information to help other users find it with ease.
Here are some general tips when adding news to the IIA site:
- If you are copying text from a word processing package like MS Word please ensure that you clean the text of all proprietary formatting by copying, pasting it into a text editor like Notepad and then pasting into the textbox.
You can apply formatting effects to your Content. The following options are available:
– Formatting: Bold, Underline, Italic, Strike-through; Alignment: – Left align, Center align and Right align;
– Extras: Create Links, Remove Links, Undo changes, Redo changes
- Please write in a formal, press release style using the 3rd person plural where appropriate e.g. "Company A recently launched their new service." This avoids readers confusing your company’s news with IIA organisational news.
- Please include links where possible. This will allow people to visit your site. It will help with your search engine optimisation. The "Add company News" interface allows this. Select your text to hyperlink, click the link icon second from right and choose either http:// or mailto: depending on whether you are linking to a site or email address respectively. You are encouraged, for the purposes of accessibility, to complete all fields in the link dialogue box.
- Basic punctuation and grammar is expected. If in doubt check an online grammar guide. Please also run a spell check before publishing.
Hope this information helps but please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com if you experience any difficulties.
The IIA’s monthly newsletter, the Digital Digest, goes out to 5,500+ subscribers, usually on the last Wednesday of every month. In 2009 it had an average open rate of 20% so if there’s ever anything you want to include, please publish to your company profile on IIA.ie by 5pm on the preceding Friday. All content added to member company profiles is considered for publication in the Digest.
The schedule for the Digests for 2010 follows and is subject to change based on Association needs.
The deadline for each edition is 5pm on the preceding Friday.
Paul Griffiths is the new addition to the BrowseAloud team. Paul is responsible for boosting the BrowseAloud community within Ireland (North and South) and Scotland. Paul has had great success to date securing large governmental organisations, health authorities, educational establishments and corporate organisations, despite our tough economic climate.
"I firmly believe that everyone, regardless of ability/disability, should have a positive experience on the web," says Paul. "My role within Texthelp allows me to host seminars, in association with industry experts, to spread the word about web accessibility. Ultimately, my goal is to encourage website owners to enhance their website by making it accessible to as many people as possible."
Paul developed his keen interest in website accessibility during his role within one of the UK’s leading search engine organisations. A large part of this organisation’s operations were carried out online and, having direct contact with many of their clients, Paul witnessed first hand that you didn’t have to be registered with a disability to have trouble accessing information online.
"Joining Texthelp has given me the opportunity to work in an environment where I can make a difference; it’s really very rewarding."
This month’s Digital Digest is now available. It includes:
- A reminder that nominations close TOMORROW for the 2009 Net Visionary Awards. Nominate your Net Visionary now or regret it later!
- Details about Congress 09 and a reminder to book your ticket at special Early Bird prices.
- A call for expressions of interest in developing an Integrated online accounting and membership management system for the IIA
- Details about upcoming IIA events
- Member vacancies
- New member listing
- Loads of member news and events
- And much more besides