Nominations for the IIA Board are open but will close on Friday 8th October.
Members of the IIA are entitled to get involved in this process by either nominating or seconding an individual from a member company who they think would be a good addition to the IIA Board. As a member of this association participation in this process is very important as it ensures that the IIA continues doing the work that the members feel is necessary to connect, inform and promote business online in Ireland.
You can read about the entire process of the IIA Board Elections by clicking here.
I will be reminding voting members to vote between Monday 18th October and Wednesday November 3rd.
Only the voting member in each member company will receive this reminder. You can find out who your voting member is by logging into the IIA site. Please do check this as your voting member may have moved on or have changed roles. Email me, Roseanne, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any changes to be made.
To nominate or second an individual or find out more please email email@example.com
Please feel free to contact me, Roseanne Smith, Membership Manager to discuss this or any aspect of your membership.
Photo right owned by Valeriana Solaris (cc)
Earlier this week I posted a blog post about our upcoming Board Elections. Unfortunately I mistyped the email address for nominations in the HTML (not onscreen) which caused some difficulties. I’m sorry about this and it was corrected as soon as it was pointed out to us. The correct email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations are being accepted until 5pm today so you still have just over an hour to get involved. All valid nominations will be published on Friday 17th July.
Voting in the IIA Board Elections will open on 17th July (not 14th July as previously stated due to current board members’ availability). However nominations are now being accepted. This is your chance to nominate an individual that you feel can continue and develop the work of the IIA. Our mantra is connect, inform, promote and the membership look to the board to act as advocates, promoters and experts on the online business and business online.
So if you feel that you, a colleague or a business associate has the right stuff please nominate them as follows:
- If you wish to NOMINATE someone, both you and your nominee must be paid-up IIA members. (Search the directory here.) If you wish to go forward yourself, someone else MUST nominate you. Nominations & seconded only accepted from the Voting user as per the membership details in the member network on the IIA website.
Send nomination e-mails to: email@example.com with Nominate in the subject field.
- Each nomination must be Seconded by a paid-up IIA member, who should send a separate e-mail (from an address different to the original nomination) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Second in the subject field.
- On receiving a nomination, a request of confirmation that the nomination is accepted will be made, and that if elected the nominee will serve on the board for a minimum of one year. (A short biographical note will also be requested by immediate return; 50 words or less).
- The Voting User in each member company will be able to user their vote online from Friday 17th July until Thursday 30th July when voting closes.
- An independent scrutiniser, the Company Auditor, will examine voting returns and confirm the result of the board elections at the AGM on September 10th followed by an as yet to be announced knees-up.
Yes you read that right – a knees-up! I will keep you posted!