From the 16th to 21st May 2010, we will be hosting a national campaign which will be a ‘red nose day’ for the Internet Industry in Ireland. We want to reach businesses, consumers, students, children and grandparents. This is an opportunity for every one of our members to bring their skills and capabilities to the very widest audience, showing everyone how the internet can be used to communicate with friends and family, transact business to business and business to consumer.
What can you do? We are asking all of our members to use the Digitise the Nation week to showcase your business’s skills and expertise. Share your ideas with the world.
There will be themes throughout the week around which you can run activities, creating a forum for everyone to get involved in promoting web activities for the week. Each day’s themes will focus on a key area of the internet in Ireland, from business productivity to connectivity, from web entrepreneurship to social media and consumers.
We’re looking for you to come up with innovative ideas and exciting activities that you will run on each of the days. Video guides, top web tips, eBay auctions and Twitter events – what ideas do you have? Get your community involved.
This is an exciting opportunity for IIA members to collectively promote the Irish Internet Industry and thereby grow awareness and ultimately sales. The digital economy is the economy. We just need to bring everyone else online.
So from right now email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll compile and profile!
Some Ideas to get you started…..
- We want to create an online time capsule of online Ireland 2010. We would like you to upload videos to the dedicated IIA YouTube Channel and share your photos to Pix.ie
- Make your mum a star – show her how to create her own “Julie and Julia” style home cookery programme!
- Show your Dad how he can earn a DTN ‘merit badge/certificate’ by simply learning how to take a digital photo, upload it to his PC and tag and upload it to pix.ie.
- Run a clinic for your local business community on your area of expertise – SEO, Social Media?
- Run a Skype-athon in your community where people can drop in and learn how to skype their children and grandchildren living abroad?
- Get your local sports club tweeting
Digitise the Nation will run Monday to Friday.
Theme days are as follows:
Monday 17th – Business Productivity
Tuesday 18th – Connectivity
Wednesday 19th – Entrepreneurship
Thursday 20th – IIA 2020Vision Conference and Net Visionary Awards
Friday 21st – The Consumer and Social Media
We’ve partnered with Silicon Republic who will be promoting the campaign across all of their titles in the month running up to the campaign, during the week of the campaign, on the day of the conference, and reviews thereafter! We’re throwing the kitchen sink at this so don’t miss out!
All members will have their activities centrally promoted so make sure that you’ve renewed!