This issue of State of the Net includes
- eCommerce Trends for 2011;
- Social Media: Users & Uses of LinkedIn in Ireland;
- Projected newspaper readership vs. Internet use;
- Online TV as indicator of changing media habits;
- Digital Advertising figures for Jan – Jun 2009 and Jan – Jun 2010;
- Mobile Internet uptake in Europe;
- Report on 10 years of IE Domain
- Analysis by Joan Mulvihill, IIA CEO, and Aileen O’Toole & Fiachra Ó Marcaigh, Directors, Amas.
The State of the Net is produced by Amas in association with the Irish Internet Association. Print copies are available on request from email@example.com and are distributed when available at IIA Events throughout the year.
State of the Net Issue 15 is now available to download from the Resources Section of IIA.ie. This publication, produced in association with IIA Member Company Amas, and indeed all those from 2009 provide invaluable business intelligence for decision makers in Irish business today. The Winter 2009 issue covers:
- An overview of the results of the Amas/ Marketing Institute of Ireland 2009 Irish Online Marketing Sentiment Survey,
- Top 10 iPhone Apps for Ireland (I have 2 of them and I’m embarrassed to admit that one of them is Sonic the Hedgehog!)
- Broadband growth figures for all platforms and mobile specifically from ComReg
- An overview of research from the EU commission on cross border product abvailability
- Year end details on top news searches from Google
- Usage of price comparison sites by product/ service from Amárach Research for the National Consumer Agency
- A cost/ benefit analysis of Social Media usage by Irish SMEs.
If your company has produced research that you feel might be suitable for publication in the next or other upcoming issues of State of the Net, please feel free to get in touch with me, Roseanne, to discuss.
The latest edition of the ever popular State of the Net is available in the Resources section of the IIA Website. Those of you attending Bizcamp tomorrow – I will have some with me if you would like to peruse a hard copy.
This month’s edition includes information and statistics about:
- Mobile Internet,
- Broadband uptake,
- Ireland’s Personas,
- Internet Use by age,
- Trust Online in Internet Transactions,
- and IIA Member Stats.
If you would like to download any of the graphs for reuse please visit the AMAS blog where they are available for download.
- ideas to leverage the power of the internet to combat the downturn
- stats about Internet use, mobile internet, online shopping, online banking, digital advertising & broadband penetration
This quarter’s State of the Net (PDF, 805K, opens in a new window) includes information about:
- the launch of The Ideas Campaign;
- the uptake of Broadband in Ireland compared to our EU neighbours;
- the number of Irish tweeters on Twitter.com;
- statistics about Internet use in Ireland;
- business use of the internet and eBusiness application;
- information from the Data Protection Commissioner about spam in Ireland;
- and child safety online
State of the Net is a quarterly publication produced by Amas for IIA Members and Irish businesses to help them keep abreast of key Internet trends and statistics. You can access all previous editions here.
- a survey of Irish sites;
- online shopping trends;
- broadband statistics;
- information about online advertising format trends;
- statistics about eGovermenet Europe-wide;
- information about cross-channel purchasing;
- online advertising statistics
- Irish use of Social Networks
- Top Irish searches on Google
Download your copy now. Download PDF, 883k