After my very pleasant holidays in the wesht of France I have returned to the very pleasant news that nine new members joined the IIA so far in the month of August. I’m looking forward to welcoming them one by one here on the blog over the next few days.
Of course the most exciting thing that happened in my absence was that the nominations opened for the IIA Enterprise Ireland Net Visionary Awards. Already there’s been quite a lot of nominations but there’s always space for more. Nominations are open until Friday 12th Spetember so don’t keep putting it off – do it now! We even have some great opportunities left for sponsors so get in touch if you want to be connected with these long-running business awards.
We have 18 categories in total:
- Best Business Blogger sponsored by Newsweaver
- Best Business Podcaster sponsored by RTÉ
- Best Online Business Use of Irish NEW!
- Best Online Exporter sponsored by Tibus NEW!
- Best Online Financial Service sponsored by Data Electronics
- Best Online Trader Ireland sponsored by Realex
- Best Use of Social Media NEW!
- e-Government Award sponsored by Allied Irish Banks
- Educational Contribution
- Innovation Award sponsored by iQcontent
- Internet Entrepreneur sponsored by Dell
- Internet Marketer sponsored by The Irish Times
- Journalist Award sponsored by Elucidate
- Mobile Internet Innovation
- Social Contribution sponsored by IEDR
- Web Designer Excellence
- Web Developer Excellence sponsored by dotMobi
- Overall Net Visionary
The Overall Net Visionary is awarded by the Board of Directors of the IIA.
Obviously I had been thinking about the Net Visionary Awards a lot before I went on holidays but imagine my surprise when I went into the bank here on James’ St in July and saw a little promotional dangly thingy (Note to self: as marketing manager you should really know the technical terminology for that!) informing all their customers that Bank of Ireland had won Best Online Financial Service in the 2007 Net Visionary Awards. I know I shouldn’t have but I couldn’t resist taking a quick snap with my phone. If there was a Net Visionary Award for Best Business Use of Digital Photography (there isn’t) I don’t think I’d be nominated, do you?