Leading internet consultancy AMAS (www.amas.ie) has a vacancy for a Researcher. AMAS provides digital strategy, research, content, marketing and related services to corporate, public sector, professional services and high-potential clients
AMAS is the publisher of State of the Net, the quarterly bulletin on online trends. In 2009, AMAS initiated and funded the Ideas Campaign (www.ideascampaign.ie) the independent citizens’ initiative for Irish economic renewal and recovery.
The successful candidate will work under the direction of AMAS directors and senior staff and will fulfil a range of research tasks such as:
- Helping to plan and scope the research requirements of different client projects
- Planning and assisting in fulfilling the audience research elements of client projects, using a range of different methodologies (such as surveys, interviews, focus groups and user testing)
- Conducting sectoral or competitive analyses as well as gathering and analysing relevant online marketing data (in areas such as search, localisation, social media, mobile and email)
- Distilling and analysing data on the performance of client websites and other channels, using analytics software, other tools and different methodologies
- Researching and providing recommendations on site technologies and solutions for search, email, social media and other forms of online marketing
- Providing inputs into key strategic recommendations and the creation of project outputs, such as reports, presentations, guidelines and action lists
- Providing hands-on support to clients in the execution of the recommendations
- Conducting primary research and collating the inputs for State of the Net, as well as contributing to the AMAS blog and our Twitter stream (@AMASinternet)
- Be passionate about the internet and be active across social media on a personal and possibly a professional basis
- Preferably have a relevant third level qualification such as online marketing, eCommerce or general marketing, communications or PR
- Have experience of conducting similar research tasks for an existing or previous employer and/or as part of a third level or other educational programme
- · Be highly analytical and demonstrate keen attention to detail and the ability to work effectively across multiple projects
- Be familiar with online marketing tools and technologies
- Preferably have experience of devising and implementing online marketing campaigns (search, social media, email, for instance) using a blend of different channels and tools, in either a professional or personal capacity
- Have excellent client liaison, project management, and communications skills
AMAS would like to hear from candidates currently working in online marketing or research roles, as well as from “career changers” and recent graduates. While having a preference for a candidate with relevant experience who can make an immediate contribution to fulfilling project requirements, we are open to recruiting an individual who can demonstrate enthusiasm and an ability to add value within a short timeframe to client projects. We are committed to providing both formal and informal training to the successful candidate.
Please apply by submitting a brief letter outlining why you believe you are suitable for this role (by reference to the role description and the candidate requirements) along with your CV to email@example.com by 4pm on Friday 24 June.