A big thank you from Aileen O’Toole and all the Ideas Campaign team to everyone in the Internet sector in Ireland for their support of the Ideas Campaign. Also, we’d like to remind everyone to log their ideas before the campaign closes on 31 March.
The campaign is proving to be a huge success since it was launched on RTÉ’s Prime Time on 5 March. Visits to the site, www.ideascampaign.ie have just passed the 30,000 mark and we have close on 3,000 ideas logged to date. We are planning a series of high-profile media opportunities which we expect to deliver more traffic and more ideas between now and the end of the month. International interest and traffic are growing – Irish-born people and the Irish diaspora in the US, the UK and even as far away as China are joining in the campaign to create ideas for economic renewal and revival.
This citizens’ campaign, which is independent and non-political, is a ground-breaking one for the Internet in Ireland. Our presence on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn has gained huge traction in just 15 days of the campaign going live. The campaign is funded completely by AMAS and not one cent has been spent on advertising. We are letting the site, the social media and the PR do the work for us.
IIA members and others in the internet sector are proving very supportive and we’re extremely grateful. We built the campaign website in four days and approached a number of key players in the Internet sector in Ireland to lend a hand. So thanks to:
• Hosting 365 for dedicated hosting
• Google for validation of our search engine optimization strategy
• Newsweaver for their newsletter software
• igopeople.com for managing The Ideas Campaign presence on their site
• Greenme.ie for a homepage advertising button
• Politics.ie, Bank.ie, Recruitireland.com and Loadzajobs.ie for giving us banner ad inventory
• Generator for giving us banner ad inventory on MSN Ireland
• All other IIA members who have linked to the Ideas Campaign website
Finally, IIA members, join in the campaign if you haven’t done so already.
- Log your ideas on the site
- Read a sample of the ideas to date
- Visit the campaign website
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Ammado, igopeople.com or LinkedIn
- Tell your friends, your colleagues, your family members about the Campaign
For further information on the campaign or to become a supporter, contact Anne Marie Boyhan on 01 6610499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org