Where and When?
- Monday, March 8th – 9am to 7pm (including PitchSlam & Networking)
- Radisson SAS Royal Hotel, Golden Lane in Dublin’s city centre.
- Visit the TechLudd site to sign-up!
As part of the local BizSpark programme, Microsoft Ireland,Enterprise Ireland and TechLudd are delighted to announce BizSparkCamp 2010 featuring Innovate! PitchSlam– an event designed to help accelerate Irish Startups’ businesses and provide the opportunity to be identified as one of the world’s most promising technology start-ups. This day-long conference will run on Monday, March 8th (doors open 9am) in the Radisson SAS Royal Hotel in Dublin’s city centre. Entrance is free of charge.
At last year’s BizSpark event, we worked to provide business guidance on how to get your Startup off the ground. From your feedback, this year the plan is to focus on ways to secure funding as well as ways to build up new markets. If you are currently looking for funding, grants or other sources of capital, looking to expand your business to new markets, or even just looking for a great networking opportunity, come along to hear from local and visiting speakers about the programs and supports available through BizSpark and the Irish Startup ecosystem.
BizSparkCamp Sessions/Speakers include:
- Julie Sinnamon and Colm MacFhionnlaoich from Enterprise Ireland will be providing advice for getting access to funding and new markets (UK, US and further abroad).
- Brian Caulfield will be joining us once again to give some key insights into the local VC landscape with tips on how to maximise your chances of securing VC funding. He will be joined by Shay Garvery from Delta Partners and Diane Roberts from HBAN.
- Mike Sigal from early stage analyst firmGuidewire Group, organisers of Innovate!, will be giving an overview of the Guidewire Group’s G/Score Assessment Methodology, an analytical tool to help you understand your competitive strength and market position.
- Caroline Egan and Nigel Turner from The Open Borders Group have worked with many Irish companies helping them to enter the UK market and partner successfully with the Microsoft UK channel. They will speaking on how to expand your business internationally and the best ways to build partner strategies.
- Through the new BizSpark EUGA program, Microsoft Ireland are providing support for BizSpark companies interested in accessing local and EU grants, providing a facilitated application process to make applying for these funds easier. Grants covered by EGUA include ICT infrastructure, training, R&D and recruitment. Nicky Martin from Affect Network will be covering how BizSpark can help you access these grants.
- Caelen King (RevaHealth), Ray Nolan (HostelWorld.com), Aidan Gallagher (InishTech), Alan Coleman (GetItKeepIt.com), Ciaran Dynes (Progress Software), Siofra Flood (Legal Consultant) and Brian Moroney (Mercatus) will all be sharing their stories from the trenches and giving their best advice on how to access capital and new markets in today’s challenging climate.
In addition to the planned BizSpark sessions, we would like to invite local Bizspark companies to participate in Innovate!2010 – a global competition to identify and accelerate the Innovate!100: The World’s 100 Most Promising Technology, Media, and Telecommunications Startups. Microsoft BizSpark has partnered with early stage analyst firmGuidewire Groupto bring you opportunities for expert feedback & validation, global exposure, cash and in-kind prizes, qualified introductions to potential partners and investors, and the possibility of being named one of the Innovate!100: The World’s 100 Most Promising Startups.
There is usually a US$75 (approximately €54) to apply to the Innovate!2010 competition, but by using the BZSDUBLIN code you can register for free before Sunday, February 28th:
- Two (2) registrations to the Innovate! Pitch Slam
- Access to online pitch training
- Promotion to local journalists and through a network of over 5,000 news sites
- The opportunity to participate in the Innovate!2010 Challenges for more than 1M Euro in cash and prizes.
- New sponsors and partners have joined Innovate!2010, so winners will now share more than 1M Euros in cash and in-kind awards.
- Deadline to apply for Dublin Pitch Slam is Sunday the 28th. http://www.innovate100.com/program/bizspark.
- BizSpark Network Partners can participate too. http://www.innovate100.com/program/bizsparknp
All BizSpark startups, regardless of whether they are selected as finalists, will receive a G/Score, making them eligible to participate in the Innovate!2010 Connections Program and to be considered for a nomination to participate in the BizSpark Summit, Microsoft’s European Community Summit for investors and Start-ups in May 2010.