Over the last year we have been inundated with complaints from small business in relation to banks. New or small businesses have not been allowed to accept credit and laser cards transactions online. SMEs and Start-ups have faced major delays, indifferent responses and rejections from the banks due simply to the fact that they are new or small. As we live in a digital world the inability to take payments online has severely hampered and restricted Irish businesses.
Many start-ups are forced to use PayPal which typically has higher transactions costs and also does not accept Laser which is a big issue for Irish businesses.
Lucey has recognised this problem and have negotiated a new process with Merchant Services Providers to help make things easier for start-ups and SMEs. I have attached a document that outlines the process but some of the key points are as follows:
- Our clients get amazing rates of 1.24% to 1.45% to accept credit card payments depending on how much they process.
- Start-up companies’ rates may be higher to begin with but once they begin to process transactions and show a trading history these rates can be reviewed and should decrease.
- No set-up fees for Lucey clients.
- Fully PCI compliant solution.
- Trading history is not essential but a business plan will be required.
10% discount on Lucey Subscriptions for IIA clients
When an IIA member signs up they will get 10% off their monthly Lucey subscription.