This is usually the week when all the Christmas party revellers get their glad rags on, but according to a recent survey conducted by online job board AdminJobs.ie, the usual festivities won’t be taking place for everybody. Out of the 4,000 Irish office employees surveyed, 10% have had their Christmas Party cancelled and a further 15% have had their year end bonus either reduced or withdrawn completely.
Irish employers are taking a hard hit this Christmas, there is no question about it, but the Christmas Party seems to be a sacred event for many employees and may prove a cut back too far.
Has your workplace got that Bad Santa feeling? We asked what bah humbug attitudes in the workplace annoyed office workers most and were surprised at the number of Ebenezer Scrooge employers out there.
Here are our top 10 employer Bah Humbug attitudes to Xmas
- Banning tinsel to cut down on hoovering
- No decorations allowed in the office
- Limited spaces at the office party
- No Kris Kindle/Secret Santa allowed
- Told to pay for their own xmas party
- Not allowed xmas music on the last day before the holidays
- Not being allowed to add Christmas decorations to the staff uniform
- Refusing a 30 minute break to see a child’s nativity play
- Not being allowed to wear xmas hats
- Not sharing out any gifts or xmas drinks managers receive
Announcing no Christmas party and bonus’s due to lack of funds may be an unavoidable situation for many employers this Christmas. But looking at the list above, it doesn’t cost anything to employers to show a little Christmas spirit in allowing staff to celebrate the festivities, even if they want to hoover while wearing tinsel, Santa hats and listening to music, all at the same time.
Denise Tanham, Director of www.AdminJobs.ie,
For further information or full survey results please contact AdminJobs.ie:
Denise Tanham 01 236 6636 firstname.lastname@example.org
AdminJobs.ie is a niche jobs board for Irish office professionals. Advertising roles across all