AMAS has completed significant online strategy projects for Bord na Móna and the Houses of the Oireachtas.
For Bórd na Mona (www.bnm.ie), the objective was to map how the Internet could support commercial, marketing and communications objectives at a time of considerable change. Its ambitious corporate plan, called A New Contract with Nature, aims to reposition the company as a key player in renewable energy, environmental products and services and reduce its dependence on peat and fossil fuels.
Bord na Móna believes that the Internet is a critical platform in achieving the objectives in its corporate plan. Following a competitive tendering process, it retained AMAS to:
- Evaluate its current use of the Internet
- Audit ten websites for various businesses in Ireland, the UK and the US
- Identify requirements with internal and external stakeholders
- Research online trends and their relevance to Bord na Móna
- Develop a strategy and roadmap on future use of different online channels, including its own sites, social media and other Web 2.0 sites
On completion of the strategy phase, AMAS was retained to support the Corporate Marketing and Communications team on implementation. This has involved creating a set of standards, to improve quality, compliance and business impact. AMAS has also advised on procurement, resourcing and other areas of activity. The first sites to be redeveloped under the new online strategy will go live in 2010.
The Houses of the Oireachtas has recently launched the first phase of its redeveloped website. AMAS was retained to:
- Conduct a strategic review of the previous site
- Research audience usage and likely requirements
- Support the communications team in defining requirements, as well as procuring design and development services
- Create a new information architecture to ensure easy paths to the most important content
- Help specify and create new content for the site
The Oireachtas website is one of the largest in Ireland, with over 800,000 pages indexed by Google at the time of the review. The scope of this redevelopment phase excluded databases for debates and bills, as well as other legacy content.
Visit the Oireachtas website.