This issue includes information about marketing budgets, broadband uptake, ICT use in Education, Internet Usage across Europe, popular Irish online fora and more.
- Aileen O’Toole, Managing Director, Amas, reviews the results of the 2008 Irish Online Marketing Sentiment Survey conducted by Amas among members of the Marketing Institute of Ireland (MII). This includes the interesting development that 56% of marketing professionals spend over 10% of their budget online.
- Fiachra Ó Marcaigh, Director, Amas examines the reasons why marketers are choosing to move their budgets online finding that reach, low cost and accountability are among the main reasons.
- You will also find clearly represented statistics about
- broadband uptake in Ireland;
- the use of ICT in Education at primary and post-primary level;
- the most popular discussion fora and threads in Ireland;
- Irish Internet power users;
- internet usage in Ireland as compared to our European neighbours;
- and the Eurobarometer results for use of internet telephony.
If you would like a printed copy or copies please email me at roseanne @ iia dot ie with your address. If you are planning to attend Fingal Day of Enterprise next Thursday 25th September or Podcamp Ireland on Saturday 27th Septemeber I will be there too and will have copies with me for all! We also distribute State of the Net at all of our own Events.