How long can I use last week’s Congress as an excuse for letting things slide a little bit? I will freely admit that I haven’t had an opportunity to welcome five new members so here goes:
- Engrande.com – Engrande Ireland Ltd. have literally just arrived in Ireland and moved in next door to us here in IIA HQ. They have a really clever idea. You want a bed for the night that costs €30. They offer simple, instantly confirmed, online bookings on Hotels, Hostels, B&B and Apartments at great prices. Originally launched with the €30 per night concept in Barcelona and Madrid, EnGrande now offers similar value accommodation in cities from Dublin to Budapest, from Berlin to Athens. Oooh I feel a holiday beckoning!
- Marketing and Development Unit, IT Blanchardstown – IT Blanchardstown first opened its doors in 1999 and in the nine years since has set a mission to serve its students and the community by meeting the skills needs in the economy and increasing the level of participation in third-level education and training, particularly in Dublin North-West and its environs. It is great to welcome the Marketing and Development Unit because since starting my own job here a number of members have mentioned the need to communicate with third level institutions about the skills required for comtemporary businesses. Hopefully we in the IIA will be able to facilitate that conversation.
- Amooz.ie – Amooz stock beautiful and practical baby products that might cause more oohing and aahing than the babby itself! Everything for the stylish new parents and baby: the parents may not get much sleep but they will look funky!
- Strategem.ie – I’m amazed Strategem had time to join the IIA: they must spend half their time putting up shelves upon which to display their awards judging by their website :). Congratulations and welcome: it’s nice to be in such august company! (Note to self: must run a campaign aimed at carpenters and companies specialising in office design. I see a synergy here.)
- Bio-medical Research Ltd. – And finally a big welcome to Bio-medical Research who began manufacturing electrical muscle stimulator (EMS) products in the 1960s and have over 30 years experience in the research, design, manufacture and marketing of medical grade products for both muscle strengthening and pain relief. Maybe we should put them in touch with Strategem above whose muscles may require some strengthening to hoike all those awards around. I’m on a synergy roll, folks!
We look forward to meeting representatives from all of these companies at our upcoming events. Hopefully some of them will share their internet experiences here as guest bloggers too.