Today is my last working day as Membership, Marketing and Communications Manager with the Irish Internet Association. I’m going to work with one of our member companies Prosperity and looking forward to the change.
But I think I will miss working with members a lot too. I know sometimes it may have seemed to you that I needed a lot of “reminding” to help you but there was also times when my thrice named role was a job for three people! However over the last three and a bit years I got into the habit of referring to myself as simply IIA Membership Manager. Another individual taking on this role that was newly created in 2008 might have found themselves focussing on the marketing or the communications but for me it was always about the members.
So a bit of advice for all members based on how I have seen some of our members really make the most of their IIA Membership:
- Get involved: share content, write a guest blog post, volunteer in our working groups.
- Come to events: the discount for members on two to three paid events will easily cover the cost of your membership.
- Share your views here on the blog, in our LinkedIn DISCUSSION (ahem!) group, on our Facebook page and even now in our Digital Digest.
- Network online: see point 3 above.
- Network offline: come to Meetball or better still present at it (especially those of you who want to tender to be an IIA Training Partner: gives us a chance to get an idea of your unique presentation skills)
- Email us or pick up the phone and ask us to help. Honestly two heads are better than one, especiallywhen one of them who isn’t stuck right in your problem. Consider us a sounding board for your online business.
The more the IIA knows about what you are up to the better we can connect, promote and inform!