Founded in 1966, the Irish Heart Foundation is Ireland’s only national charity for heart health and is working to reduce premature death and disability from heart disease and stroke.
The Irish Heart Foundation:
- Provides information on heart health to the public and media
- Supports patients in managing heart disease and stroke.
- Provides heart health programmes in schools and workplaces.
- Co-ordinates the training of medics and the public in emergency lifesaving skills (CPR)
- Supports research, education and development in the medical profession.
- Advocates better patient treatment and services.
Patient Helpline: 1890 432 787