New awards have also been added. International internet businesses who have chosen Ireland will for the first time be recognised specifically for their contribution to the ecosystem with “Best International Newcomer–Welcome to the neighbourhood”. There are four new innovation categories that showcase the best of Irish technology across all spheres of life – Education, Health/Medtech, Agri/Food and Financial services.
As the year of design, the CEUD are awarding a special Best in Universal Design Award that will be adjudicated from all entries across all categories.
The DOT IE Net Visionary Awards are so called in tribute to the IIA’s headline sponsors, the IE Domain Registry, now in their 5th year in this title position. Their contribution and that of all of the awards sponsors is testament to their belief in the integrity of these industry leading awards.
The Award Categories 2015
- Best Website – joyous to look at and splendid to use – Sponsor: Blacknight
- Best Web Development Agency – Sponsor: Microsoft
- Best Cloud Services for SMEs –
- Best Mobile Application – indispensable to its users – Sponsor: Register 365
- Best International Scaling Irish Business – Sponsor: Silicon Valley Bank
- Best Start-Up – the one to watch for 2016 – Sponsor: Arekibo
- Best Ecommerce Execution by a Retailer
- Best International Newcomer–“Welcome to the neighbourhood” – Sponsor – The Digital Hub
- Best Social Media Campaign
- Best Brand Marketing – Sponsor: Irish Times Training
- Best Use of Video for Digital Marketing
- Best Use of Technology for Social Good – Sponsor: Electric Ireland
- Best Innovation for Financial Services – Sponsor: Telecity
- Best Innovation for Medical Services – Sponsor: BDO
- Best Innovation for Agri/Food Sector – Sponsor – Dimension Data / Alcatel Lucent
- Best Innovation for Education Services
Best in Universal Design Award – Supported By the Centre of Excellence for Universal Design
DOT IE Overall Net Visionary Award – Headline Sponsor – IEDR
The Wolfgang Lab has been frantically busy in recent weeks as we collected & collated a very large sample of data from Irish E-Commerce Websites.
We’re delighted to announce that the Wolfgang Irish E-Commerce Study for Q2 2014 is now out.
We have figures, trends and insights galore for your analysis.
The event, happening exclusively online on the 9th of May 2014, will take place virtually on the event’s website created on the European portal: www.europeanjobdays.eu (financed by the European Commission).
Through the website and its interactive elements the jobseekers will be able to apply for jobs, make contact with you and book job interviews during the event. EURES Ireland will assist you with pre-selection of candidates and interviews scheduling if required.
Interviews with the selected candidates will be conducted online on the day of the event using Netop Live Guide available through the website or any other software (e.g. Skype, video conferencing) preferred by you. In addition, live streaming of your company’s presentations, live broadcast of pre-recorded videos and public & private chats will be available to all European jobseekers targeted for this event.
Who will be attending?
The event will be widely advertised in Europe. ICT professionals will be targeted through a European promotional campaign including; social media advertising (European Commission and EU/EEA countries), online advertising on a number of ICT related websites in Europe, information distributed to EURES departments and Technical Engineering/ICT Professional Bodies in all EU/EEA countries. E.g. in Portugal alone, nearly 27,000 engineers and IT professionals are registered as jobseekers with the Public Employment Service; the engineering professional bodies in Portugal cover around 70,000 associates in the engineering professions.
On average between 5,000 and 10,000 jobseekers attend each EuropeanOnline Job Day.
How to participate?
The registration for companies (exhibitors) is open from the 9th of March. To use the platform for the first time, register your organisation first by clicking here. Under the "Event Participation Request", please select the event "ICT European Online Job Day, Ireland".
By registering for the event you will be able to make full use of the available services at the event’s website:
- Posting an introduction to your organisation including company videos;
- Publishing your job vacancies and opening them up to direct applications from registered jobseekers in the platform;
- Searching among applicants for relevant jobseekers / CVs matching your recruitment profiles;
- Screening applications with the help of automatic skills-based matching and pre-selection of candidates;
- Booking interviews.
More information and assistance on accessing the platform/ tools, including all technical information, will be provided upon registration.
The registration for jobseekers will be open from the 9th of April and from that day onwards your jobs will be promoted in Europe.
Please ensure that you have your vacancies (if possible) uploaded by this date. This will ensure the maximum amount of time for advertising of vacancies throughout Europe and for Jobseekers to browse and apply for positions before the day of the event.
For more information on the European Online Job Days visit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKCkH8GJL6M&feature=youtu.be (how to register)