The Social Media Working Group seeks to support businesses in the development of strategies for engaging with social media, including blogging, social networking, community sites, RSS, tagging, and podcasts.
How Will This Be Achieved
By bringing together expert practitioners and business leaders in a collaborative forum, developing white-papers explaining the different media and how organisations can utilise these. The group will highlight best practice case-studies in the Irish marketplace and beyond.
The group will also organise workshop events open to all IIA members and non-members to facilitate sharing and discussing insights on the business uses of social media.
To follow the activities of the working group and to read the latest case studies, visit the working group's section on the IIA blog.
It is intended that membership of the working group be split evenly between expert practitioners (bloggers, social networkers, advertisers, PR) and business leaders from a variety of business sectors, including the finance, public sector, SME, tourism, media, technology and not-for-profit sectors.
The current members of the working group are:
- Chair: Eoin Kennedy, Slattery Communications
- Aisling McMahon, Strata3
- Barry Hand, Lastminute.com
- Bernie Goldbach, Tipperary Institute
- Brendan Hughes, Consultant
- Conor Lynch, Connector.ie
- Emily Tully, Emily Tully PR
- Enda Flynn, Microsoft Ireland
- Eoin Ó Suilleabháin, Bord Gáis
- Fred Caballero, Channelship
- Krishna De, BizGrowthNews
- Lauren Fisher, SimplyZesty
- Matt Mattheson, Thinkhouse PR
- Roseanne Smith, IIA
If you are a member of the IIA and would like to get involved please contact us at email@example.com